You can receive grants and support to help you complete your neighbourhood plan.
There are two types of support available in the 2015-2018 programme:
- Grants of up to £9,000
- Technical support packages provided by our partner, AECOM, and an additional grant package of £6,000 (bringing the grant ceiling amount available to £15,000).
Changes to the final year of the 2015-2018 programme
There have been two updates to the final of the year of the Neighbourhood Planning programme:
- Modifying your plan after it has come into force: Groups can now apply for funding to modify their plan, irrespective of whether they have already claimed their full grant allocation of £9,000 (or £15,000 for a priority group).
- Groups undertaking site assessments and housing site allocations: Groups who are undertaking a site assessment for a site allocation, OR groups who are allocating sites for housing or mixed development can now be considered complex – allowing them to apply for additional support for complex groups (technical support and grants of up to £15,000).
All groups are eligible to apply for total grant funding of up to £9,000 over the three year programme from 2015-18.
You can apply for a grant to develop a website, put together a project plan, undertake a local survey, develop your evidence base, or hire a planning expert.Find out more about Grants and apply
Technical Support is available for groups facing more complex issues developing their neighbourhood plan.
Our partner, AECOM offers independent advice on technical or process issues. It is designed to provide you with information (evidence) and advice (professional judgement) which will help you to:
- decide your priorities and direction
- to draft policy
- avoid legal challenges
- engage confidently with stakeholders such as developers, councils, local businesses and of course residents, who will have a vote at the end of it all.
Additional grant package
An additional grant package of £6,000 (bringing the grant ceiling amount available to £15,000) is also available to groups that have complex issues.Find out more about Technical Support and apply