Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre
The biggest community sector conference of the year for people who believe in the power of community.
The Abbey Centre, SW1P 3BU
Wednesday 21 Feb 18 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Powerful Communities: Community Business event is a celebration of the amazing successes and impact of community businesses on local economies and people’s lives.
It brings together Bright Ideas Fund grantees, Locality Members, the My Community network and others. This event is a great opportunity to meet other community groups, learn about inspiring projects, share ideas and find out what works.
You’ll also hear from experts on developing and growing community businesses and future funding.
Participants will be able to attend two of the following workshops:
· Introducing Community Shares: The rise of direct, positive investment
· Maintaining good community engagement and good governance – the importance of members in a community business, recruiting and engaging with members and monitoring the membership
· Business Planning and Tools for start-up and new community business
· The business of community cafés – understanding the ‘golden’ ingredients for the set up and operation of a successful community café
· Follow the Money – where do community businesses tend to generate their income from? What are their biggest costs and where do they access the capital they need? Using benchmarking to plan your community business.
There are limited remaining places, we encourage you to book as soon as possible.
Date: Wednesday 21 February 2018
Agenda: View the full agenda
Venue: The Abbey Centre, 34 Great Smith St, Westminster, London, United Kingdom
Funded by and in association with
34 Great Smith St, Westminster, London, United KingdomGet directions
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.