Powerful Communities: Community-led housing
The Cardigan Centre, LS6 1LJ
Wednesday 17 Jan 18 11:00 am - 3:30 pm
The Powerful Communities events are joint events for the My Community network and Locality Members and other special interest groups. They are a great opportunity to meet other community groups, learn, share ideas and find out what works.
Community-led responses to housing play an important role in tackling our national housing crisis. Local communities can help create the affordable homes we desperately need for a fairer society. Community-led housing also drives strong and powerful local economies, shaping the communities of tomorrow. The new Community Housing Fund provides exciting opportunities for support and funding.
This event is for community organisations including Locality‘s community-led housing members’ group, as well as early stage groups.
There will be the following presentation:
- How to gain support and funding from Homes England – Ann Seipp, Homes England (formerly Homes and Communities Agency)
There will be interactive workshops to choose from – something for everyone:
- Make the most of policy and funding opportunities – David Mullins, Professor of Housing Policy, Housing and Communities Research Group at Birmingham University
- Develop support through community involvement – hear about innovative approaches from New Wortley Community Association and Heart of Hastings
- A network of enabler services – What role might you play? – Steve Hoey, Director at Leeds Community Homes, and Tom Chance, Head of Grants and Development at National Community Land Trust Network
- Starting out in community-led housing? Recommended first steps – Zoe Goddard, Community-led Housing Manager at Locality
Plus the option to see community-led housing in action:
- Guided visit to one of Canopy’s self help housing projects in Leeds to find out about how they are refurbishing empty properties whilst transforming the lives of volunteers.
Locality helps community-organisations find solutions from the ground up. We work together with you to create communities where every person thrives.
Venue: The Cardigan Centre, Leeds
Agenda: View the full event agenda here.
Bookings: This event is now fully booked. Please email email@example.com if you’d like to be on the waiting list.
More about event location
The Cardigan Centre
145-149 Cardigan Rd, Leeds, LS6 1LJGet directions