Advice Community forum
The Advice Community connects people who are doing great things in their communities: ask a question on our online forum and get a community-sourced answer.
This is advice and experience coming from people who are taking over pubs or green spaces, running local projects and making plans that will help shape the future of their neighbourhoods and communities.
The Advice Community is also supported by the experts: My Community Help Centre Advisors, Department for Communities and Local Government staff, Locality staff, Place Based Social Action staff and My Community Champions.
If you have an account, please login in here.Login
You can register to add or respond to a question on the Advice Community here.Register here
Edit your profile
- Click on the icon of a house with the word ‘Locality’, so you can see the page below (your user dashboard).
- Click on ‘Edit your profile’.
- Complete the form.
- You can change how your name is publicly displayed, add your image by creating a Gravatar account and change your password.
- Please ensure that you also complete the region, area of skill, background of community work and ‘I can help with…’.
- Click the blue ‘Update your profile’ button.
- Once updated, click on the Dashboard link and ‘Go to the Forum’ or click on the House icon to go to homepage.
- You’re now logged in – the black WordPress toolbar indicates this.
How to add an image to your profile
You can change your profile picture on the Forum using a programme called Gravatar. Follow our step-by-step instructions on how to change it.
Advice Community guidelines
We want to ensure that the conversations on our Advice Community are based on respect and support.
So we’ve developed some guidelines to help guide and support this aim.Read the Forum Guidelines