Advice Community guidelines
Participation in the Advice Community forums requires an agreement to the following guidelines, which apply to posts, profile information, avatars, signatures and any other content that is shared on this site. This includes private messages and private forums, which My Community Moderators have the ability to read, but only do so for reporting or when a violation is reported.
We have some basic rules to follow when chatting on the My Community Forum:
- No personal attacks: personal attacks, including accusations of wrong doing, are not allowed in any areas of the forum. If you have a dispute with somebody, please keep it private or you will be at risk of having your posts deleted or being banned.
- Keep your posts clean: Forum posts that contain explicit, obscene or vulgar language will be removed.
- One account per person: If you lose access to your account, please contact us for help.
- Keep personal information personal: If you post personal information on the public forum, please be aware that this information can appear on external search engines. Private messages are excluded.
- Treat others with respect: as you would like to be treated.
Reporting and deleting posts
You can report a post by clicking the ‘report’ link at the top of a post. It will be reviewed by the moderating team. If the post is deemed inappropriate (contains a personal attack, is offensive in some way, promotional or spam), we will remove it.
Deleting a thread
We don’t generally delete whole threads; it’s frustrating for those who’ve taken the time to write responses to see them removed. That said, we’re here to make people’s lives easier, so if you have a pressing reason for wanting a thread you started to be deleted, please report it to us and we’ll take a look.