Bakewell, Derbyshire – maintaining the character of the landscape
The motivation for the development of the Bakewell Neighbourhood Plan arose from a project undertaken by the Bakewell Community Interest Group (made up of voluntary sector organisations) which had, over a period of time, looked at the town and its environs.
To date, local issues identified include:
- Protection of the landscape character
- The built environment
- Need for affordable housing
- Protection of the development boundary and the central shopping area
- The retail mix and excessive number of cafes
- Employment sites
- Car parking
- Accessibility and safety issues
- General signage and rationalisation of road signs
- Community facilities.
Find out more about how Bakewell were assisted along the way, challenges they faced and overcame, and how the community has benefited from developing the plan by downloading the full case study below.Read the full Bakewell case study here