Support & Grants
There are many different options to secure funds to make your idea or project happen.
We’ve listed grants, loans, crowdfunding and community shares options that are available for your project.
Featured fund: Sport England’s Community Asset Fund
We’re keen to hear from any sports club or community organisation with a great idea that will make a difference to the places where people play sport and get active.
You might already own or lease a facility in the local community, are considering taking over some grounds or a facility that has the potential to be used for sport and leisure.Find out more about Sport England's Community Asset Fund
Raising Finance Options
When raising investment for starting or growing community projects, there are two main types of funding streams you can consider:
- Grants (from government or charitable trusts)
- Donations (from individuals and philanthropists)
- Crowdfunding (online fundraising from lots of donors)
- Bank loans & mortgages (from commercial & specialist banks)
- Equity (e.g. Community Shares)
- Social investment (a range of repayable finance from specialist social investors who expect a social & financial ‘return’).
Good Finance, helps charities and social enterprises navigate social investment. Find out more on their website.
Non-repayable finance options
Blended finance streams
You are not limited to just one form of fund raising – in fact we would encourage you to blend/mix a number of types to obtain your finance raising targets. It is considered a healthy approach for an organisation to mix funding models (donations, community shares and loans) as part of their funding strategy.
Read more about blended finance streams below.http://mycommunity.org.uk/resources/blended-finance/