How to add an image to the Forum
You can change your profile picture on the Forum using a programme called Gravatar. Follow our step-by-step instructions on how to change it.
- First click here to visit the correct page on Gravatar
- Select the button on the page which says ‘Create Your Own Gravatar’
- Sign in using the same email you used to sign up to the Forum. You will then also need to choose a username which can be anything (note that everyone has unique username so it might take a few tries and different combinations to pick one no one else has – try adding in numbers or dates after your name). At this point you’ll also be able to set your password which can be anything (as long as you’ll remember it).
- Click ‘Sign up’
- You’ll then be sent a confirmation email to the address you imputed. Go on to your email and open the one from WordPress.com.
- Click ‘Activate Account’ button.
- A webpage should then automatically open and you should be able to sign in to your account from there.
- A page will then come up saying ‘Manage Gravatars’ – click ‘Add new image’
- You can then choose ‘Upload New’ > browse and find a picture you want to use of yourself. Choose file > click ‘next’
- Then, crop your image to the size you want it and press ‘Crop and finish’
- Select the G rated box
- Then go down to option ‘2. Pick New Image’ click on the picture and press ‘confirm’
- Your image should now update on the Forum and you can close Gravatar.
Please note: If you’d like to change your picture again you can just go to Gravatar, sign in with your details, go on ‘My Gravatars’ and pick a new image (then follow step 11).